Valentine’s Day may be over but there’s still plenty of time to “Spread The Love” this month! Philabundance– the largest provider of emergency hunger relief in the Delaware Valley for 30 years- is collecting donations and money for 10,000 jars of peanut butter and jelly for our hungry neighbors in need this month!
If you’re asking yourself, “Why peanut butter?” you’re not alone! Peanut butter is nutrient dense, high protein and kid friendly- and it’s a critical food bank staple. Unfortunately, its high cost makes it too expensive for many low income families to afford. Luckily, there lots of ways that you can help!
- Donate plastic jars of peanut butter or jelly at the PhilabundanceÂ Hunger Relief Center
- Make anÂ online donationÂ â€” $20 buys a case of peanut butter!
- Attend aÂ Spread the LoveÂ happy hour, fund raiser or community event.Â Learn aboutÂ community partners helpingÂ Spread the Love!
- Hold a PB &JÂ food drive
- VolunteerÂ this February and bring a donation with you!
- Text to give: text â€œFOODâ€ to 41010 to give $10 (which buys enough PB&J for 65 sandwiches!)
See how much good YOU can do with aÂ little peanut butter and jelly! 🙂
Connect with Philly Gives online!